- 1 What is the best apartment search site?
- 2 How do I find an apartment in Portland Reddit?
- 3 How do I find an apartment remotely?
- 4 Is rent going down in Portland Oregon?
- 5 Is Zumper owned by Zillow?
- 6 How much should I spend on an apartment?
- 7 Should you rent an apartment without seeing it?
- 8 Do you find jobs or apartments first?
- 9 What do you need in order to get an apartment?
- 10 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Portland?
- 11 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Portland Oregon?
- 12 Is Portland getting cheaper?
What is the best apartment search site?
We spent some time sorting through the best sites so you know where to look.
- Trulia. A clean, clear website that helps those looking to buy, sell, or rent homes all over the nation.
- Dixon Leasing.
How do I find an apartment in Portland Reddit?
Hotpads and Zillow are a good resource that are less sketch than craigslist. Gresham area rentals are sub prime for the most part though, so you might have to just drive a neighborhood you’d like. Check RMS and other rental property places directly. Call about a place you like and ask what else they have.
How do I find an apartment remotely?
How to Make a Long Distance Apartment Search
- Research the area and building thoroughly. Finding an apartment that might work is just the beginning.
- Visit in person or find someone local.
- Be ready to act.
- Take a virtual tour.
- Lean on the leasing agent.
- Be cautious about anything suspicious.
- Look for a sublet or short term lease.
Is rent going down in Portland Oregon?
The cost of renting an apartment in downtown Portland increased about 0.6% from the fourth quarter of 2020 to the first quarter of 2021, but still remains down 5.8% as compared to the first quarter of 2020, the sharpest decline of any neighborhood in the Portland area, according to CoStar.
Is Zumper owned by Zillow?
Wade Roush 3/17/14. Here in San Francisco, there’s never been a crazier time to try to rent an apartment. As soon as one San Francisco-based rental-tech startup leaves the scene—the way RentJuice got bought by Zillow in 2012 for $40 million—another pops up in its place. This time it’s Zumper.
How much should I spend on an apartment?
One popular rule of thumb is the 30% rule, which says to spend around 30% of your gross income on rent. So if you earn $2,800 per month before taxes, you should spend about $840 per month on rent.
Should you rent an apartment without seeing it?
As a general rule, when renting an apartment sight unseen, it’s always safer to rent at an apartment complex that’s run by a property management company than through an individual. When considering an apartment at an established complex, you can see reviews from renters.
Do you find jobs or apartments first?
Generally speaking, the more specific your job needs (and the more willing you are to move anywhere) the less sense it makes to get an apartment first.
What do you need in order to get an apartment?
What You Need to Rent an Apartment
- Proof of Identification. You should have identification such as a driver’s license, state ID, passport, or green card to confirm your identity and residency.
- Proof of Income.
- Recommendation Letters.
- Vehicle Registration & Proof of Insurance.
- Rental History.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Portland?
According to a post today on GoBankingRates, you need to make $60,195 to ” live comfortably” in Portland.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Portland Oregon?
You need an income of $60,195 to ‘ live comfortably’ in Portland, study says. A Portland resident needs to make about $60,000 to ” live comfortably ” in the city, according to a report by a personal finance and banking site.
Is Portland getting cheaper?
From the looks of it, Portland is getting more expensive too. The consumer price index shows that Portland’s cost of living has increased by 3.9% since last year.