- 1 How should I dress for an apartment tour?
- 2 What do you do during an apartment tour?
- 3 Should I dress up for an apartment viewing?
- 4 How do you give a good apartment tour?
- 5 What is the best month to move into an apartment?
- 6 How do you make sure you get approved for an apartment?
- 7 Can I tour an apartment?
- 8 How do you ask for a lower rent price?
- 9 What should I look for in a new apartment?
- 10 How can I make my rental application stand out?
- 11 How do I make a good impression on an apartment?
- 12 How do you film a virtual apartment tour?
- 13 How do I do a virtual tour of an apartment?
- 14 How do I rent an apartment virtually?
How should I dress for an apartment tour?
You’ll most likely be doing a bit of walking, so you’ll want to wear clothes and shoes that you’re also comfortable in. Appropriate outfits generally include khakis or dark pants with a blouse or button-up. If the apartment is more upscale, however, you may want to wear an outfit that’s a little dressier.
What do you do during an apartment tour?
The perfect apartment tour checklist
- Check floors, walls and ceiling for any water damage, mold, mildew, etc.
- Open and close every window.
- Make sure all doors open and close securely.
- Plug something small, like a phone charger, into each outlet.
- Test all light switches to make sure they all work.
Should I dress up for an apartment viewing?
Viewing an apartment doesn’t require formal attire, but don’t show up in street clothes. Avoid clothing with holes, rips, cuts, wrinkles and stay away from tight or short items. You should look clean and presentable so professional or business casual attire is best.
How do you give a good apartment tour?
Master Your Next Apartment Tour with These 6 Tips
- Greet them Warmly. First impressions are lasting impressions.
- Let in the Light. I don’t know many people who would want to live in an apartment that is dark and gloomy.
- Tailor Your Tour. Don’t give the exact same tour to every prospective renter.
- Keep your Distance.
- Ask for Feedback.
- Follow Up.
What is the best month to move into an apartment?
Renters looking for the best options should plan to move between May and September; for the best prices, between October and April. These life and weather changes during the summer season mean a much higher turnover rate.
How do you make sure you get approved for an apartment?
Although each process varies, there are some tips you can follow in order to make sure you receive the apartment you want:
- If you are in college, have your parents co-sign the lease.
- Make sure your income is three times your rent.
- Have a good credit score.
- Appear to be an honest and responsible person.
Can I tour an apartment?
Unless the apartment building you’re moving into is still being built or renovated, and your potential unit is not ready yet, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to see the specific apartment you’re looking to rent. Once you’re in the actual unit, it’s time to get down to business.
How do you ask for a lower rent price?
Here are some ways you can go about negotiating your rent price:
- Ask the landlord if rent price is open to discussion.
- Highlight your strengths as a tenant.
- Inquire about extending the lease.
- Offer to end the lease in the summer.
- Research the property’s value.
- Be open to compromise.
- Negotiate directly, follow up in writing.
What should I look for in a new apartment?
Throughout the apartment
- Walls. Check for cracks, structural holes or evidence of water leaks, especially around windows and vents.
- Electrical outlets. Make sure every plug in the apartment works.
- Cable hookups.
- Smoke detectors.
- Blinds and shades.
- Windows and doors.
How can I make my rental application stand out?
Here are eight ways on how to win a rental application.
- Make sure you have all the correct documentation.
- Save time and apply online.
- Get your housemates into gear.
- Be on time to inspections.
- Be presentable at the inspection.
- Be reasonable and pleasant on the day of the inspection.
- Follow up.
How do I make a good impression on an apartment?
Consider an outfit you’d wear to meet your significant other’s parents for the first time. For guys, business casual isn’t overkill; a nice button-down shirt with clean slacks or khakis can make an excellent first impression. Ladies should wear a nice skirt and blouse or a dress, or nice slacks with a shirt.
How do you film a virtual apartment tour?
- Fully charge your phone before shooting the video.
- Be sure to switch your camera app from photo to video.
- Turn on the lights in your rental.
- Open the blinds and position the furniture.
- Shoot as though you are walking through the rental (keep the flow from room to room )
How do I do a virtual tour of an apartment?
6 Tips for a Virtual Apartment Tour
- Virtual Apartment Tours Don’t Have to be Complicated.
- Be Just as Thorough as You Would During an In-Person Apartment Showing.
- Show Every Part of the Rental Property or Unit.
- Be Conversational and Leave Time for Questions.
- Have Quality Photos to Complement the Virtual Tour.
- Be Wary of Rental Scams.
How do I rent an apartment virtually?
Pro Tips for Finding an Apartment Virtually
- Ask for a video of the actual apartment.
- Make sure you are dealing with a reputable landlord.
- Do as much as possible online.
- The moving process may look a little different.
- Consider renewing your lease.
- The best thing about apartment living is still the community.
- Finally: Renting online really does work.