- 1 How do I find an apartment remotely?
- 2 How do I find an apartment in NYC?
- 3 Why is it so hard to find an apartment in NYC?
- 4 Where can I find an affordable apartment in NYC?
- 5 Should you rent an apartment without seeing it?
- 6 Do you find jobs or apartments first?
- 7 What salary do you need to live in NYC?
- 8 Is it cheaper to live in NYC or LA?
- 9 How can I get an apartment with no job in NYC?
- 10 How can I live rent for free in NYC?
- 11 How do people afford to live in NYC?
- 12 How can I live in NYC for cheap?
- 13 What is the cheapest place to live in New York City?
- 14 What is the cheapest city to live in New York?
- 15 What is the cheapest rent in NYC?
How do I find an apartment remotely?
How to Make a Long Distance Apartment Search
- Research the area and building thoroughly.
- Visit in person or find someone local.
- Be ready to act.
- Take a virtual tour.
- Lean on the leasing agent.
- Be cautious about anything suspicious.
- Look for a sublet or short term lease.
How do I find an apartment in NYC?
The best apps and websites for finding an apartment in New York City
- Naked Apartments.
- Pad Mapper.
Why is it so hard to find an apartment in NYC?
For starters, the rent here is exorbitant, of course, and there are stringent income requirements to satisfy (or otherwise find a way to work around). And if you’ve never signed a lease before—and lack a solid work or credit history or a track record of being a responsible renter—it’s even harder to get an apartment.
Where can I find an affordable apartment in NYC?
How to find a cheap apartment in NYC
- Make direct contact. The easiest way to save money is to avoid paying a broker’s fee.
- Look at bigger apartment buildings.
- Face something ugly.
- Buy earplugs.
- Wait until May.
- In fact, wait until winter.
- Throw in a little elbow grease.
- Find a low-key neighborhood.
Should you rent an apartment without seeing it?
As a general rule, when renting an apartment sight unseen, it’s always safer to rent at an apartment complex that’s run by a property management company than through an individual. When considering an apartment at an established complex, you can see reviews from renters.
Do you find jobs or apartments first?
Generally speaking, the more specific your job needs (and the more willing you are to move anywhere) the less sense it makes to get an apartment first.
What salary do you need to live in NYC?
Total: $2,524.50 per month. That’s $30,294 per year after taxes, which means that to live a reasonably comfortable life in New York City, a single person would need to make a salary of roughly $40,000 per year. This is a comfortable (though far from indulgent) budget.
Is it cheaper to live in NYC or LA?
Typically NYC is more expensive than LA. As of November 2020, the median rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in LA is $1969 while in NYC, this price stands at $2425, meaning that LA generally has cheaper rent. The area you choose to live in affects the affordability of expenses like rent and groceries.
How can I get an apartment with no job in NYC?
How to Get an Apartment Without a Job? Secure a Guarantor
- Use a Personal, Tri-State Guarantor. “The guarantor would be someone whose income is a bare minimum of 80 times the monthly rent,” said real estate agent Bill Kowalczuk.
- Use a Third-Party Guarantor.
How can I live rent for free in NYC?
6 (Totally Realistic) Ways to Live Rent – Free in NYC
- Charge Your Roommates More.
- Live in an RV.
- Find a “Zombie” Home.
- Care for a Historic Home.
- Work in Lieu of Rent.
- Move Into a Homeless Shelter.
How do people afford to live in NYC?
How To Afford Living In NYC And Other Expensive Cities
- Housing: Know your priorities.
- Transportation: Walk, ride, bike or carpool.
- Daily spending: Keep a record.
- Food: Plan meals ahead of time.
- Fun: Find free attractions.
- No matter what: Be creative!
How can I live in NYC for cheap?
10 Tips to Live on the Cheap in NYC
- Secure a no-fee or rent-stabilized apartment. Your current apartment might be market rate, or you may even be subletting temporarily.
- Say “No” to taxis.
- Think Free.
- Bring back the coupons.
- Booze it on the cheap.
- Thrift it.
- Forgo the land line and cable.
What is the cheapest place to live in New York City?
The 10 Most Affordable Neighborhoods in NYC
|3||Port Ivory||Staten Island|
What is the cheapest city to live in New York?
The Most Affordable Places To Live In New York
What is the cheapest rent in NYC?
Cheap Apartments in New York City, NY from $300 (1,219 Rentals)
- 205 W 147th St Apartments. 205 W 147th St New York City, NY 10039.
- 219 E 12th St Apartments.
- 14 Saint Marks Pl Apartments.
- 511 W 159th St Apartments.
- 425 E 114th St Apartments.
- 415 W 145th St Apartments.
- 172 Sherman Ave Apartments.
- 32 Avenue B Apartments.