- 1 How can I hang my curtains in my apartment without drilling?
- 2 Can Command hooks hold curtains?
- 3 How do you hang curtains over blinds in an apartment?
- 4 Do you put curtains in a rental property?
- 5 How do you hang blinds without drilling holes?
- 6 Can I put curtains over blinds?
- 7 When should you hang curtains?
- 8 How much weight can command strips hold?
- 9 Can I put curtains up in my apartment?
- 10 Should bedroom curtains be long or short?
- 11 What is the difference between blackout and Blockout curtains?
- 12 Who is responsible for curtains in a rental?
- 13 Are blinds considered normal wear and tear?
- 14 Can I ask my landlord for curtains?
How can I hang my curtains in my apartment without drilling?
Renter-Friendly Window Treatments That Don’t Damage Walls
- Use Temporary Command Hooks.
- Hang Curtains With Tension Rods.
- Order Custom Compression Shades.
- Make a Faux Roman Shade.
- Buy Twist & Fit Curtain Rods.
- Suspend Curtain Rods from the Ceiling.
Can Command hooks hold curtains?
Be sure to wait the required hour to allow the adhesive to bond before hanging your curtains. You can see how wonderful hanging curtains with command hooks worked out! We lived in this home for two years and the command hooks held the curtains the entire time with no issue!
How do you hang curtains over blinds in an apartment?
Buy a set of outside- mounting brackets and a curtain rod. Place the brackets close to either end of the cornice and adjust their settings so that they are firmly holding onto the cornice. Hang the curtains from the curtain rod, and then place the curtain rod in the bracket to complete your project.
Do you put curtains in a rental property?
Here’s Why. Is a landlord obligated to provide window coverings, such as drapes, shades, and blinds, for a single family rental? The answer is no you are not required to.
How do you hang blinds without drilling holes?
How To Hang Blinds Without Drilling Holes
- Magnetic Blinds. The magnets at the back of these brackets make installation a rather seamless process.
- Tension Rods. Hang these blinds on a tension rod, which you can position inside your window trim.
- Command Strips.
- Self-Adhesive Blinds.
Can I put curtains over blinds?
Can you put curtains over blinds? Absolutely! Combining curtains and blinds adds extra depth and elegance to your windows. For some rooms, hanging curtains on their own is good enough.
When should you hang curtains?
For the ideal middle ground, curtains should hover just above the floor. To find the right curtain length, measure from the floor to where you’ll hang the rod (usually 4 to 6 inches above the window frame). Curtains come in common lengths like 63, 84, and 96 inches.
How much weight can command strips hold?
The large strips can handle a 24-inch to 36-inch object that weighs up to 16 pounds. The smaller hanging strips can only handle up to 4 pounds.
Can I put curtains up in my apartment?
One of the most frustrating things about living in a rental is not being able to drill holes in the walls for curtains or artwork. But don’t get discouraged — you can hang curtains in an apartment! There are simple and affordable solutions you can use to put up curtains without damaging your walls.
Should bedroom curtains be long or short?
The short and easy answer is that your curtains your be floor length. They should be long enough to just barely touch the floor, but not so long that they drag on the floor or bunch up in a pile. It is a common mistake to make your curtains so long that they make piles of curtain when opened fully.
What is the difference between blackout and Blockout curtains?
Blackout is an actual curtain while Blockout is a detachable lining that you attach to any curtain or to a separate rail behind any curtain. Blackout has a lovely thick feel to it and comes in the normal Volpes curtain sizes. Blockout is only available in white and it is much narrower than Blackout.
Who is responsible for curtains in a rental?
Any furnishings (eg, curtains, washing machine) that are included with the rental property should be specified on the tenancy agreement, and while the tenant is expected to look after those items, the landlord has an obligation repair or replace them if they have been damaged or are broken (but if the damage was done
Are blinds considered normal wear and tear?
Frayed or broken pull strings on blinds. Faded drapes, blinds, or curtains.
Can I ask my landlord for curtains?
Does a landlord have to provide blinds or curtains? The answer is a resounding ‘no’. Whether it’s a furnished or unfurnished home, window coverings are considered a personal choice and are left to the discretion of the landlord and tenants.