- 1 What is the best apartment search site?
- 2 How should I look for an apartment?
- 3 What should I look for in my first apartment?
- 4 What are three ways to find an apartment?
- 5 How can I get an apartment fast?
- 6 How much should I spend on an apartment?
- 7 How can I get a apartment with no credit?
- 8 What do you say when you call an apartment?
- 9 What do you need in order to get an apartment?
- 10 What is a good price for a first apartment?
- 11 What are the best months to rent an apartment?
What is the best apartment search site?
We spent some time sorting through the best sites so you know where to look.
- Trulia. A clean, clear website that helps those looking to buy, sell, or rent homes all over the nation.
- Dixon Leasing.
How should I look for an apartment?
Here are 10 easy steps to finding an apartment so you can walk out that door with confidence.
- 1: Determine Your Budget.
- 2: Get Your Credit Score.
- 3: Shop for Renters Insurance.
- 4: Define Your Desired Location.
- 5: Select Your Must-Have Amenities.
- 6: Choose Your Favorites.
- 7: Call Properties and Schedule Tours.
- 8: Go on Tours!
What should I look for in my first apartment?
11 Things to Look for in Your First Apartment
- CONSIDER THE COMMUTE.
- CHOOSE COMPATIBLE ROOMMATES.
- FIGURE OUT THE LAUNDRY SITUATION.
- SCOPE OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
- ASK ABOUT UTILITES.
- LOOK FOR WORKING HEAT AND AIR.
- GET TO KNOW YOUR LANDLORD.
- ASSESS THE BUILDING’S SAFETY.
What are three ways to find an apartment?
8 Ways to Find Apartments for Rent
- Start your search 60 days before your move.
- Search for rental listings online.
- Use a real estate broker.
- Don’t be fooled by scams.
- Consider roommates.
- Offer to take a 13-month lease.
- Tour smaller buildings.
- Use social media.
How can I get an apartment fast?
How to Find an Apartment Quickly
- Set your budget. Calculate your monthly expenses and determine how much rent you can afford.
- Choose a few potential neighborhoods.
- Make a list of desired apartment features.
- Search for apartments.
- Make phone calls.
- Tour apartments.
- Have your paperwork in order.
How much should I spend on an apartment?
One popular rule of thumb is the 30% rule, which says to spend around 30% of your gross income on rent. So if you earn $2,800 per month before taxes, you should spend about $840 per month on rent.
How can I get a apartment with no credit?
How to Rent an Apartment with No Credit
- Get a Co-Signer.
- Provide References and Recommendations.
- Get a Roommate with Good Credit.
- Show Proof of Income.
- Explain Your Financial Situation.
- Offer to Move in Immediately or on a Shorter Lease.
- Pay a Larger Security Deposit.
What do you say when you call an apartment?
“Hi, I’m calling about the two-bedroom, two-bath rental on Maple Street,” is a good way to start. “Is it still available?” Some owners have more than one vacancy, and droning on about the details of the wrong unit wastes everyone’s time. Verify the rental amount and ask when the unit is available for move-in.
What do you need in order to get an apartment?
What You Need to Rent an Apartment
- Proof of Identification. You should have identification such as a driver’s license, state ID, passport, or green card to confirm your identity and residency.
- Proof of Income.
- Recommendation Letters.
- Vehicle Registration & Proof of Insurance.
- Rental History.
What is a good price for a first apartment?
There’s a popular rule of thumb that states your monthly rent shouldn’t be more than one-third of your monthly income, and many apartment complexes—and landlords—follow this rule. 6 For example, if you earn $3,000 a month, you can qualify for an apartment that costs $1,000 a month.
What are the best months to rent an apartment?
Renters looking for the best options should plan to move between May and September; for the best prices, between October and April. These life and weather changes during the summer season mean a much higher turnover rate.