- 1 Can you get an apartment the same day?
- 2 How can I get an apartment fast?
- 3 What is the best month to move into an apartment?
- 4 Is getting approved for an apartment hard?
- 5 Should I apply for an apartment before seeing it?
- 6 Where is the cheapest place to rent an apartment?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to move into an apartment?
- 8 How do you ask for a lower rent price?
- 9 What months are apartments cheapest?
- 10 How should I dress for an apartment viewing?
- 11 How many check stubs do I need to get an apartment?
Can you get an apartment the same day?
For the most part, applications will take 24 to 72 hours, but check with the landlord or management company for how long it usually takes. It’s always a good idea to ask how long you should expect to wait for a reply. Depending on the landlord’s situation, you could be approved to rent the same day you applied.
How can I get an apartment fast?
How to Find an Apartment Quickly
- Set your budget. Calculate your monthly expenses and determine how much rent you can afford.
- Choose a few potential neighborhoods.
- Make a list of desired apartment features.
- Search for apartments.
- Make phone calls.
- Tour apartments.
- Have your paperwork in order.
What is the best month to move into an apartment?
Renters looking for the best options should plan to move between May and September; for the best prices, between October and April. These life and weather changes during the summer season mean a much higher turnover rate.
Is getting approved for an apartment hard?
If you have bad credit or no credit, it may be more difficult to get approved for an apartment, but it isn’t impossible. Ask the property manager or landlord if you can pay a higher security deposit, get letters of recommendation, or ask someone to cosign for you.
Should I apply for an apartment before seeing it?
As a rule of thumb, renters should start looking for apartments one to two months before moving out. If you look too early, the same unit you found probably won’t be available. You’d be doing more legwork than necessary. If you wait too long to start looking for apartments, your options are limited.
Where is the cheapest place to rent an apartment?
The 50 cheapest places to rent in America
|Rank||City||1-BR Average Rent|
What is the cheapest month to move into an apartment?
A recent study from apartment listing site RentHop found that renters could potentially save hundreds of dollars a year by timing their apartment search. The data showed that the cheapest months to rent tended to be between December and March, whereas the most expensive fell between May and October.
How do you ask for a lower rent price?
Here are some ways you can go about negotiating your rent price:
- Ask the landlord if rent price is open to discussion.
- Highlight your strengths as a tenant.
- Inquire about extending the lease.
- Offer to end the lease in the summer.
- Research the property’s value.
- Be open to compromise.
- Negotiate directly, follow up in writing.
What months are apartments cheapest?
The cheapest months to rent are between December and March, or early winter to early spring. Compared to peak months, rental prices during this period tend to be 3.4% lower, with dollar savings coming in at $38 to $139 less for one bedroom apartments and $47 to $176 less for two bedroom apartments.
How should I dress for an apartment viewing?
Viewing an apartment doesn’t require formal attire, but don’t show up in street clothes. Avoid clothing with holes, rips, cuts, wrinkles and stay away from tight or short items. You should look clean and presentable so professional or business casual attire is best.
How many check stubs do I need to get an apartment?
Most of the time, landlords will ask for your two most recent pay stubs. If you have direct deposit, you can likely still find your pay stub online, or ask your boss for a copy. If you do get a physical stub with your paycheck, only provide a copy, not the original.